A No-Fuss Sangria Recipe
- 750 ml Dry red wine Should be fruit-forward and full-bodied
- 1/2 Cup Brandy
- 1/4 Cup orange-flavoured liqueur
- 3 Tbsp Superfine sugar
- 1 Orange Finely sliced (Unpeeled)
- 1 Lemon Finely sliced (Unpeeled)
- 1 Apple Cored and cut into small dices (Unpeeled)
- 2 Cup Club soda
- 1 Lime Finely sliced (Unpeeled), to serve
Pour the wine into a pitcher, though making individual portions in glasses is a perfect idea too. This way, all your guests get an even portion of fruit, and there is no spillage while portioning the Sangria into glasses.
Add the sugar and stir well. Now gently add in all the remaining ingredients, apart from the club soda and lime garnish.
Refrigerate overnight so that the flavours of the fruit infuse into the drink, and vice-versa.
At the time of serving, arrange a lime slice on the rim of each glass, pour the club soda into the pitcher, quickly stir and divide into glasses. (Don’t over stir, or the soda water would lose its fizz. Alternately, you can split the drink and fruit into glasses first, and then top each with a little-carbonated water.)