Love is in the air! Are you tired of giving the same dozen of red roses and chocolates to your loved one every single Valentine’s Day? Do you think your man already has enough cute boxer shorts or oversized shirts? Don’t you think it’s about time you do something different?
This Valentine, give your partner something that both of you will enjoy now and in the future. Here are some suggestions to help you decide what to give your special someone this Love Month. You can choose one, or be generous and do all of them.
- Write a love letter. Technology may keep on advancing but handwritten love letters are still the best way to express your love.
- Record in a single CD all songs that have meaning in your relationship. It could be the number 1 song in Triple J’s Hottest 100 the year that you met.
- Serve valentine breakfast in bed. Don’t forget to add his/her favourite cup of coffee!
- Collect photos of you together and create a collage. Mount it in a frame and hang it on a wall visible from his/her work desk. If your partner becomes too tired or stressed with paper works, he/she can look at it and all stress and worries will be gone (cheesy, huh!).
- Give a bottle of Sweet Wine. Dessert wines are produced using grapes harvested late in the season which is why they are sometimes called “Late Harvest” wines. The best of dessert wines can be cellared for 10 or more years. Isn’t that something that speaks about your future together? You can give your special someone a case of these wines. You can open one right away and the other bottles can be opened one every Valentine’s Day. Can you think of any other gift that can help you create beautiful memories together?
Happy Valentine! Cheers!