No matter just how much wine we finish in a day, we just want to go on and on. The availability of so many types of wines only makes us spoilt for choice. Studies have suggested that the two most popular kinds of wines are the red and white variants. However, we seem to have a love affair with another variant too – the rosé wines.
Sensing the interest in these wines, Aussie winemakers too have started focussing more on producing rosé wines. These pink beauties also come in all colours and sizes, yet each one of them manages to blow our mind away. Winemakers use almost all kinds of red grapes to produce these wines, including the more popular variants like shiraz, pinot, and more. You will find most of the rosé wines to have either a dark pink or a light red colour.
The question remains, though – which rosé wines are liked the most by wine lovers across Australia. Let's take a look at the winners:
- Airlie Bank Gris Fermented on Skins Rosé: This wine is made from a blend of an entire bunch and skins fermented pinot gris. It has a pale copper colour, along with an enticing floral perfumed nose. You will love it as it pops and goes down your throat.
- Clementine 'Blushing Minnie' Pinots: This fabulous wine is made from the blends of Pinot Noir, Pinot Gris and Pinot Meunier, the three fantastic wine varietals themselves. The blend gives this charming wine a pretty colour, complemented by juicy cherry fruit flavours. Best to sip on when it's cool (not icy cool).
- Villa Wolf Pinot Noir Rosé: This fruity fresh rosé offers a fine mix of concentrated raspberry, peach and melon flavours. It goes subtle on the nose and is dry is style. From the moment you take the first sip, you will only want to go on and on.
- Chalmers Rosato: This versatile wine is just as mesmerising as it looks. It has a textural palate of ripe pink grapefruit, and offers a great acidity and length, and is the perfect pairing drink for several substantial dishes.
- NV Stone Circle Sparkling Rosé: This sparkling wine has an elegant palate and exhibits a great depth of flavour. Probably that is what gives it fresh fruity flavours and a bouquet of lifted strawberry, citrus, and watermelon. All in all, an enticing beauty for anyone who just can't love without a sparkling rosé.