Culinary experts utilize wines as part of their dish. While some use it as ingredient, others pair it with a dish as a drink. Bakers use it too with some kinds of cakes. The value of wine will be more appreciated if paired perfectly with the right food. Dining in a restaurant can be tiring and expensive. If you love Pinot, why not prepare food with it and learn food preparation with the wine? As this is the most favored wine to go with meat and fish, take advantage of it. Pinot is known to be paired all the time with several ingredients like tuna, salmon, duck, mushrooms, and some others. The manner of cooking and preparation is a big factor along with the kind of Pinot and the way in drinking it. Now, there are other dishes and food that goes with Pinot Noir.
The Perfect Matches
See what your taste buds can appreciate. Consider the following from Fiona Becket’s Kitchen:
- Light and Fresh Pinots can be paired with cold cuts, French dishes, spring vegetables, goat cheese, and even with grilled asparagus.
- Sweetly Fruited Pinots are best with spicy foods, barbecues, other roasts, ducks, and other combinations.
- Silky Elegant Pinots are good with roasted chicken or pork, pigeon, pink lamb, rare steak (fillet), beef, sausages, grilled lobster, and even sweet breads.
- Rich full-bodied Pinots are appreciated with chargrilled steak, lamb, venison, roast goose and turkey, glazed ham, cheese like brie, and blue cheeses as well.
- Mature Truffley Pinots are best paired with dishes with truffles, cold pie, and grouse.
There are a lot more foods and elegant dishes to pair with Pinot Noir. As famous chefs continue in experimenting with perfect matches, Pinot Noir will be a legend in culinary world. Give in to food and wine indulgence. Just remember to serve it chilled for a perfect combination.