Fowles Are You Game Chardonnay 2016 Victoria - 12 Bottles

Availability: Out of stock

Over 3 sold
Pretty Good

This wine is bright straw in colour. Aromas of peach, papaya and apricot jump from the glass with subtle notes of oak in the wake. The palate is full bodied and fruity with great texture and a delightful creaminess as a result of four months on yeast lees. Served perfectly with creamy fish pie with a side of green beans. Enjoy now.

$20.47 $17.99 per bottle
Save $30
$215.88 for 12 bottles
$ 215.88

WINERY INFORMATION

Vineyard

The Fowles Wine vineyards and winery are located in the dramatic granite landscape of Strathbogie Ranges region of Victoria, Australia. Fowles Wine crafts some of Australia’s finest cool climate wines, winning many of Australia’s most prestigious wine medals and trophies. The Fowles Wine team is energetic and enterprising, continuing to break new ground by proudly taking the Strathbogie Ranges ‘message in a bottle’ to the world with some of Australia’s most exciting wines.

Winemaking

The fruit for this wine comes from Upton Run (our family vineyard) and Tarcombe Ridge (a stunning neighbouring vineyard) high in the Strathbogie Ranges. The grapes were harvested between the 23 February and 7 March 2013 during the cool of night to ensure fruit temperature was low to preserve primary fruit flavours. This wine was fermented between 13 and 16˚ Celsius. The majority (90 per cent) of this wine was fermented in stainless steel tanks to preserve primary fruit flavours. The remaining 10 per cent was barrel fermented to add complexity and texture. We chose to use a variety of yeasts to ferment this wine because they all impart different characteristics and help build complexity in this Chardonnay. This wine was fermented and matured (for four months) in new and old French oak with lees stirring. Lees stirring is a process where the lees (residual yeast particles) rest in barrel with the wine which promotes an appealing yeasty aroma and flavour. The aroma of this wine is accentuated by a small component of Viognier sourced from a beautiful old winery and friend of ours down the road called Tahbilk.

TASTING NOTES

This wine is bright straw in colour. Aromas of peach, papaya and apricot jump from the glass with subtle notes of oak in the wake. The palate is full bodied and fruity with great texture and a delightful creaminess as a result of four months on yeast lees. Served perfectly with creamy fish pie with a side of green beans. Enjoy now.

More Information
Alcohol 13.50%
Region Victoria
Varieties Chardonnay
Vintage 2016*
VIP Exclusive No
Brand Fowles Wines
Vintage Note *Vintage may vary. Every effort is made to ensure the current vintage is displayed, however variations can occur.
This wine will take extra 3 days for delivery.