- Elephant In The Room South Australia Pinot Noir 2021 - 6 Bottles$20.00 $14.00Save$84.00 for 6 bottles
Buy Mount Gambier Wines Online
Mount Gambier is a part of the Limestone Coast wine zone. Located in the south-east of South Australia, the wine region was established as a viticulture area in 1982 when the first vines were planted here. Since then, the region has grown as a strong agriculture area. It is well known for its cropping, forestry, grazing, sedimentary limestone-rich soil and geographical features owing to the Mount Gambier volcano.
The Mount Gambier region experiences a Mediterranean climate with warm dry summers and cool wet winters. A total of 269 hectare of land is under viticulture, pioneering in Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, and Pinot Gris grape varieties. The region is well suited for the white wine varieties that cover around 65% of total viticulture area, while the red wine varieties are grown in the remaining 35% of vineyard lands. Mount Gambier wines come from 20 vineyards and 8 associated wineries located across the region.