0item(s)

You have no items in your shopping cart.

Product was successfully added to your shopping cart.

Montepulciano Wines

Set Ascending Direction

   

8 Item(s)

Set Ascending Direction

   

8 Item(s)

Montepulciano Wines

 

&Montepulciano is a purple - hued grape variety that tends to ripen late and can become excessively green if harvested too early. This grape variety is very prolific and has great quantities of juice, which is of a deep violet and ruby colour. Mild and sweet tannins can be found in the juice and the wines produced are softer and more accessible as compared to the Nebbiolo or Chianti varietals. The Montepulciano grape is used in producing the DOC Montepulciano d’Abruzzo. This DOC contains 85% Montepulciano grapes and the rest 15% could be Sangiovese. These wines need to be aged for at least 2 years before their release, out of which they should be subject to oak aging in barrels for a minimum time period of 6 months.