Fire Gully Wines
The Fire Gully vineyard is well-hidden from the road with a long, narrow strip flowing back to the main paddocks: so it's pretty much unknown. However it is one of the region's most spectacular and attractive vineyards with views looking down from the higher blocks overlooking the dam, more vineyards and natural bushland. It was part of the Group Settlement Scheme and opened up in 1922. From 1946, it was owned and run by the Butcher family until it was purchased by Michael Peterkin in 1998. Ellis and Margaret Butcher had planted vines in 1988, 1992 and 1997 and so the property now has mature vines.