- Chateau De Pibarnon Bandol Rose Nuances 2018 - 6 Bottles$96.67 $580.00 for 6 bottles
- Swinney Frankland River Mourvedre Syrah Grenache 2020 - 6 Bottles$41.67 $250.00 for 6 bottles
- Kaesler Alte Reben Mataro 2010 Barossa Valley - 6 Bottles$72.00 $432.00 for 6 bottles
- A.Retief The Alias Mataro 2013 Hilltops - 6 Bottles$33.00 $198.00 for 6 bottles
- Rosnay Organic Preservative Free Cowra Central Ranges NSW Mourvedre 2013 - 6 Bottles$25.99$155.94 for 6 bottles
Buy Mourvedre Wines Online
Believed to have originated in Spain, the Mourvedre grape variety, also called Monastrell or Mataro is a black - skinned variety that has been a part of the wine industry of the Western Mediterranean for centuries. This grape variety favours warm and dry climates and has small and thick-skinned berries that usually suggest the creation of highly tannic and intensely - coloured wines. The nose exhibits herby and meaty aromas of violet, rose and plum while the dry palate showcases flavours of blueberry, plum, blackberry, black pepper and meat, coupled with subtle notes of smoke and gravel. The juice is subjected to medium to long ageing in oak barrels which results in a tannic, acidic and crisp finish. Pair Mourvedre wines with pork shoulders, lamb, rabbit, veal, pork sausages and barbeque for non - vegetarian food lovers and wild rice, lentils, shiitake/portobello mushrooms for pure vegetarian people.